Food and nutrition industry
Québec is a world leader in food and nutrition research. The city’s numerous research centres and institutions of higher learning power the industry and boost business growth. Local agri food entrepreneurs passionate about local, organic food and healthy eating develop and market an abundance of value added products. This synergy drives concerted efforts and initiatives that are moving the industry forward by leaps and bounds.
Food innovation bodies
Food processing and health technology cluster
Incubator and accelerator supporting the growth of innovative companies
The only joint research unit of its kind in North America, with projects that combine science and nutrition and promote Québec cuisine abroad. An initiative of Université Laval and Institut de tourisme et d'hôtellerie du Québec (ITHQ).
Visit Québec International's website to learn more on Québec's food and nutrition industry.
Food and nutrition events
- 5th International CIGR Conference (Commission of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering) – 2020
- 3rd International Insects to Feed the World Conference – 2020
- BENEFIQ: international meeting on healthy ingredients
- Colloque international sur la sécurité alimentaire et la nutrition à l'heure des changements climatiques – 2017
- International Conference on Polyphenol and Health – 2017
- 8th International Strawberry Symposium – 2016
- International Conference in Engineering and Food – 2015
Québec: Attractive City for Meetings and Conventions
Stéphane Godbout is senior researcher at the International Commission of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering (CIGR).
Québec City’s innovations in the food and nutrition industry
Québec City is renowned for being a food lover's haven. it is also a pioneer in advanced research and innovations in the food and nutrition industry.
Explore the fascinating side of an event that’s all about…strawberries?
The 8th International Strawberry Symposium was held at the Québec City Convention Centre on August 14 to 17, 2016.
Discovering the unique flavour of Québec City’s food and nutrition industry
Québec City itself is considered by many as a foodie capital of the world. Its fare is backed by its cutting-edge food and nutrition industry.