Life sciences and health technologies
From fundamental research to patient treatment to the prevention and early detection of diseases, the business environment in Québec City for the life sciences and health technology industry is hard to beat. As the nexus of decision making for provincial healthcare and an incubator for innovative techniques, Québec City is home to a wealth of expertise in biopharmaceutics and diagnostics, health related medical technologies, natural products, and wellness.
Groups and research centres
Québec VITAE: Cluster fostering the growth and development of Québec City’s life sciences and health technology (LSHT) ecosystem
Visit Québec International's website to learn more on Québec's life sciences and health technologies industry.
Life science events
- Annual Canadian Conference on HIV/AIDS Research (CAHR 2023)
- CSACI Annual Scientific Meeting 2022
- ISEK 2022
- CDA Annual Conference 2022
- Rencontre annuelle 2022 de l’Association canadienne d’orthopédie
- CIFAS 2022 – Conférence internationale francophone sur l’agression sexuelle
- Canadian Rheumatology Association Annual Scientific Meeting - 2022
- International Society for Vaccines (ISV) 2021 Annual Congress
- NAPCGR 2021 Annual Meeting (North Americain Primary Care Research Group)
- American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (AACDPDM) 75th Annual Meeting – 2021
- 23rd International Symposium on Fluorine Chemistry and 9th International Symposium on Fluorous Technologies – 2021
- 2021 Canadian Cardiovascular Congress
- IXe Congrès international d’épidémiologie EPITER-ADELF – 2021
- 13th Annual International CRISPR Congress – 2019
- 16th Forum on Back and Neck Pain Research in Primary Care – 2019
- Canadian Psychiatric Association Annual Conference – 2019
- 10th Canadian Conference on Dementia (CCD) – 2019
Québec City’s life sciences industry: The picture of amazing health!
Québec City’s life sciences industry is, without a doubt, one of the most booming sectors in the region.
Life Sciences: How to Sell A Scientific Event
Jean-Pierre Després has invested over 30 years in researching visceral obesity and cardiovascular diseases.
Bright like no other
Like no other destination, Québec City’s bright research and business communities propels the Canadian city at the forefront of innovative industries.
Tapping into beautiful minds for beautiful causes
What happens when you bring thousands of the most brilliant scientific minds from around the world to Québec City to discuss breast cancer detection, diagnosis and treatment? You get stunning advances in finding a cure for an illness that affects millions of women and men each year.
Top tips for associations when choosing a professional conference organizer
PCOs can indeed be life savers when it comes to planning events, particularly if you haven’t organized many before.
Québec City hosts award-winning conference on respiratory health
Dr. Louis-Philippe Boulet's mission: improve humans’ respiratory health, and inciting experts in the field to come together and share their knowledge.
Molecular Evolution Takes Centre Stage at International Conference in Québec City
DNA molecules may be small in size, but they definitely make up for their size in terms of importance; after all, DNA is vital for all living things and life’s processes.
600 language specialists in Québec City
Thanks to Ms. Pascale Tremblay, Québec City will play host to the 10th Annual Meeting of the Society for the Neurobiology of Language.