How to make delicious maple sauce at home
Are you looking to add some flavour to your favorite desserts? Are you missing Québec City (Québec City is missing you too)? Gather a few simple ingredients and make a fabulous maple sauce. You may have tasted it during one of Québec City Business Destination’s outings. Now is the time to try it at home.
- 70 g light brown sugar
- 50 g soft butter
- 100 ml 35% cream
- 100 ml pure maple sirup
- Melt brown sugar in a small heavy-based saucepan over low heat.
- Add butter and stir until golden.
- Gradually add cream and mix well. Do not add all at once, it will make lumps.
- Remove from heat immediately and let sit until the mixture returns to room temperature.
- Add maple sirup and stir until smooth.
Serve with fresh fruits or over ice cream... Or simply eat with a spoon! It's that good !
Recipe inspired by Maple from Québec.