Sports facilities and competition venues
Québec City is one giant playground, with a wealth of world-class sporting events. In addition to its top-of-the-line facilities, the city’s streets and parks provide an unrivalled natural setting for sports competitions all year round. Summer and winter alike, athletes go head to head on the Plains of Abraham, an urban park in the heart of the city, and on the streets of city, with the St. Lawrence River in the background. Snowboarders and skiers pull off gravity-defying tricks on a giant jump at Îlot Fleurie.
Québec City Convention Centre
1 Québec City Convention Centre
The Québec City Convention Centre is centrally located, just a stone’s throw from numerous hotels and attractions. It houses multifunctional spaces for your conventions, trade shows, association meetings, and sports competitions. The venue is configured for all types of events and has a capacity of up to 4,000 attendees.
- Dimensions of the largest room: 102.1 m X 68.3 m (75,000 sq. ft.)
- Integrated complex: two hotels are connected by underground passages
- Surface designed for sports
- Host of the 2012 SportAccord Convention
- Host of the 2015 Winter World Masters Games
2 Centre de foires (Exhibition Centre)
Located at ExpoCité, an event complex with several multipurpose buildings and venues on a 371,000 m2 site, Centre de foires de Québec (Québec's Exhibition Centre) is Québec City’s largest exhibition site and boasts spaces that can be used to host a variety of activities.
Dimensions: up to 200,000 sq. ft.
5 exhibit halls
- 11 meeting rooms
3 Videotron Centre
The Centre Vidéotron is a sleek, state-of-the-art multipurpose arena inaugurated in 2015. It is perfectly adapted for sporting and cultural events and concerts. The Centre is located at ExpoCité.
Capacity: 18,259 seats
Ice rink dimensions: 60 X 25.908 m
- 7 possible configurations
4 Pavillon de la jeunesse (Amphitheatre)
Pavillon de la jeunesse, located at ExpoCité, is a multipurpose amphitheatre that meets the needs of organizers for sports competitions and cultural events. It boasts an adjustable skating rink that can go from Olympic to North American dimensions.
Capacity: 4,000 stadium-style seats
- 4 dressing rooms to accommodate teams during competitions
5 PEPS Sportive Complex at Université Laval
Université Laval’s physical education and sports pavilion (PEPS) can host sports activities and large-scale events. As one of the nation’s largest training centres in terms of athlete population, it’s an institution in the Québec City area’s sports community.
PEPS has a number of sports facilities for sporting events in various disciplines:
- Desjardins-Université Laval gymnasium amphitheatre
- Desjardins-Université Laval Aquatic Centre
- Telus Université Laval Outdoor Stadium
- Telus Université Laval Indoor Stadium
- Covered Stadium
- Large gymnasium
- Diving Pool
6 CANAC Stadium Complexe de baseball Victoria
The Canac Stadium was built in 1938 and revamped in 2017 with the addition of synthetic turf and a removable winter dome. These new features make the stadium a great venue for hosting amateur tournaments. The stadium is also home to Les Capitales de Québec, a professional baseball team. Canac Stadium’s dome is the first structure of its kind made for baseball in eastern Canada.
- Capacity: 4,300 seats
- Field dimensions: 375 ft. (114.3 m) in the centre and 325 ft. (99 m) along the first and third base lines.
- Hot air-inflated roof (70.10 m X 70.10 m X 24.38 m) from October to April only
- Baseball, softball, soccer, and ultimate Frisbee
- Synthetic turf
7 Mont Sainte-Anne Ski Resort
Located 30 minutes from Québec City, Mont-Sainte-Anne boasts three skiable faces and mountain bike trails that can be used for competitions and events.
- 71 downhill runs
- 2 snow parks
- 13 FIS-approved runs
- Waxing service area
- New sections for sprints and the skiathlon event
- Largest cross-country ski centre in Canada and second largest in North America with 200 km of trails
- Host of the Vélirium UCI Mountain Bike World Cup
8 Club Avantage Multi-Sport
The Club Avantage Multi-Sport building is over 120,000 sq. ft., with spaces for various types of activities, including tennis and badminton competitions. Club Avantage actually owes its reputation to its tennis courts.
- 12 tennis courts
- 2 badminton courts
9 Centre des glaces (Ice Oval)
Centre des glaces, opening in 2020, will be built on the site of the former Gaétan Boucher Ice Oval. It will be the only world-class training and competition centre in eastern Canada. The new complex will be used for short track speed skating and figure skating competitions as well as hockey games.
- 1,400 m covered ice oval
- 2 ice rinks
- Race track
- Centre national Gaétan-Boucher
- National and international competitions
- 454 parks and green spaces
- 14 indoor arenas and a total of 18 outdoor skating rinks
- 3 indoor soccer stadiums
- 166 outdoor soccer fields
- 24 indoor pools and 41 outdoor pools
- 2 gymnastics venues
- 1 multifunctional amphitheatre
- 160 tennis courts
- 30 staircases in the city centre
- 306 km of bike paths
- 7 alpine ski areas less than an hour from downtown
Why Québec City is a top Canadian sports event destination
Event planners can tick everything off their list when it comes to Québec City. Discover why it is the 2nd destination in Canada for sport events.
Sports events and conventions held in Québec City
Discover events held in Québec City, from national and international sporting events, including world championships and world cup events.
Sports events services
Do business with the pros for a championship-calibre event. Discover our sports services